Thursday, January 5, 2012

Week 1: Kitchen Counters

Our kitchen counters are a CATCH ALL!!!  Having a baby adds to the extra stuff on the counter (like baby food processor, bottle holder, formula can)

This week I cleaned off our kitchen counters.  The biggest change was moving our big toaster oven.  We don't use it every day, or even every week.  However, we do use it.  We are blessed to not only have the kitchen cabinets, but also a walk in pantry, and another closet just outside the kitchen (on the other side of the refrigerator).  I was able to move it in there, so it's still accessible when we need it, but hidden away (like my kitchenaid mixer).

Once I moved that, I was able to 'un-crowed' the area to the right of the sink.  That was one of my biggest frustrations.  It just seemed so cluttered.

(ok, they aren't always this bad! I had already started cleaning when I took this picture, didn't think about it until then!)

To the right of the sink, all finished

To the left of the sink, before

And this side, done too!


It feels so much better... now to just keep it that way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment