Sunday, May 29, 2011

Work Bench

While my husband was out of town for training, my parents came to visit.  I wanted to make some sort of workbench that I could use for my projects for him to keep his tools.  Over the few weeks before they got here, my Dad and I sent tons of pictures of workbenches back and forth with notes like "look at the storage", "I like the pegboard", "adding a light is a great idea". 

I have to give credit to my Mom who was the photographer, and meal cooker!
Dad and I just getting started


Laying out the side of the frames.

Because we are military, we know we're going to be moving, and I'd really like to take this with us, so we used carriage bolts to put the base of it together.


See how safe our set up was.... table saw box, with a cooler on top, and finally the miter saw!  We REALLY needed this workbench, to keep everyone safe!

This is a perfect description of how I felt putting the table saw together.   My love had gotten it the Christmas before, but we had never put it together


Mom is excellent at deciphering directions... we had it put together in no time three hours later (of the next day).  We decided that it wasn't necessary, and I just used the circular saw to cut what we needed to, and put it together (three hours later) the next day.

Adding the back support braces that will hold the peg board.

And here comes the peg board.

Brackets to hold the top shelf, and the light.

It's not shown here, but right after this we tried to lift it up.  Dad got on one side, I was on the other.  We did the typical '1-2-3, heave'.  Except it didn't BUDGE!  (This thing is heavy!).  We all about died laughing, and then Mom came and helped us, we re-leveraged everything, and we got it up.

Dad imparting some sort of valuable idea about what we should do next.

Putting in the light.

Finished!  It has been very useful in the past year!


1 comment:

  1. That is a huge project, not sure I'd undertake that one. Glad you had help.

    ReplyDelete