Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bow holder


I have two nieces who are 1 1/2, and have a TON of bows!
I decided to make bow holder for them, so I started scavenging thrift stores.  At one of my local favorites, I found TWO of these (how perfect!).
I sanded them down, the finish was somewhat dinged.

I stained it a dark brown (to match their bed sets)
I used the cardboard 'artwork' that were in each one, and hot glued batting around them.


Once I got all 4 sides down, I got the fabric (already ironed) and did the same thing.

I folded the corners the way you would a package.

I trimmed the extra edges.

I was going to do a 'set pattern' but knew that there was NO way I could duplicate it, so instead, I just did random criss crosses.  I had 3 different widths of ribbon, and glued one end, waited until it had cooled, and then wrapped it around and glued the other side on the back.

I put it back in the frame, and used a staple gun to hold it in, (that was the way the original artwork was held in).

Perfect for two little girls!

3 comments:

  1. How cute! I especially love the dark finish you chose for the wood--I bet they will love them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely done, these are the projects I start, but then don't finish, yours, however, turn out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! Thought I'd come over and check you out!!! Great work Jenn!!!

    ReplyDelete