Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father's Day gift fail

I wanted to try to make something for my husband.  I've had ideas floating around for a while.  Then my love informed me that he didn't want anything, so not to do anything... to late.

I already had my plan.

So he was stuck with it- I was inspired!

My idea included bottles of some sort.  I thought maybe some sort of glass soda bottle, but I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get the lid back on...

Then I remembered the Frappuccino bottles.  At our last duty station, we were 50 minuets away from a Starbucks (it was a sad, sad time), so I had to get my fix through the gas station bottle.  Not the same.  Not.at.all.  But it was as close as I got for those four years (unless I had to go to 'the city' then it was game on!).

So, while grabbing stuff for dinner tonight, I grabbed a 4 pack threw it in my cart, then got the other shopping done, and got 2 other bottles at the front of the store in the cooler by the register.   I decided against getting two 4-packs, because I only wanted six...

When I was grabbing all the bags after I was checked out, I noticed they were two different sizes!  AUGH!!!

It was so not worth going through the line again, and I'm getting my step daughter tomorrow morning as soon as he leaves for work, so the plan will be altered!

More on that tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment