Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Garden June 8th

As you can see, we added some trellises. 
My parents are in town, and my Dad helped me 'install' them.

Cucumbers

Green Beans

Sugar Snap Peas

First flower on the Sugar Snap Peas

Sweet Onions

New Onions

Bell Peppers

Bell Pepper Flower

Banana Peppers

Tomatoes

OUR FIRST TOMATO!!!

We planted an Anaheim pepper in the middle of our four tomato plants.  It was the same size as the bell and banana pepper plants.  It hasn't grown much at all.  My love dug down a bit with his fingers, and found out that the pot hadn't decomposed yet.  We're thinking that the roots were 'trapped' in the pot, and limiting growth.  We ripped the paper pot off, and replanted it, and watered it.  Hopefully it will catch up and give us some good peppers!

We planted the Anaheim pepper because it was the closest thing to green chile that we could get out here in the Midwest.  However... my amazing mother bought 2 extra plants when they got the plants for their garden, and brought them along.  We put them in planters that are currently on our back porch, though I don't know how long they will last there!


No comments:

Post a Comment